Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Together

(This is Mark here.)

In just a week, the whole Foster clan will be together again. Let the chaos begin.

I am most looking forward to receiving gifts from each of you. I've been told on good authority (by Tyler) that it's going to be a VERY merry Christmas for the old Sparkle T. (Just kidding, of course. I expect nothing from anyone. I am a rock, I am island.)

Actually, what I am most looking forward to is being all together again. Just like at the Ranch this summer, I think a general schedule of activities would be helpful to everyone, so that we can know what to expect and how to plan for it. Thanks to Dana for already taking the bull by the horns and getting the dinner schedule arranged.

Here's a proposed schedule for Dec 26th through Jan 2nd (the confirmed events are in bold, the suggested events in italics):

December 26th: The Worland and Washington Fosters arrive

December 27th: Drew's Tool Shower
(I propose a ski trip to Winter Park on this day, to be back by 7 pm for the festivities. Lessons for those who want to learn to ski or snowboard.)

Dec 28th: (I propose a renewal of either the Classic Match-up or the New Millenial Match-up sometime on this day. We may need to recruit the Old Man for this game since Addie's back in action. Maybe we all catch a flick that night?)

Dec 29th: Set up for the Big Event/ Rehearsal Dinner

Dec 30th: Drew and Kristen's Wedding and Reception

Dec 31st: New Year's Eve (I propose a family celebration/ game night until the stroke of midnight, and then all of us old married folks hit the hay. Adam and Megan have permission to stay up and party all night long since they're still single.)

Jan 1st, 2007: (I propose the boys sit around, watch football, and eat junkfood all day . . . while keeping a (lazy) eye on the kids. The women can then all go out shopping or do something fun on their own that day.)

Jan 2nd: the Wyoming Fosters head back to the sticks

(Finally, I propose a type of "Steel Cage Match" between Ty, Jeff and myself for the downstairs room on Dec 26th: we all start at the top of the stairs, and first one to make it into the room gets to stay. No rules. May the best man win.)

Those are my proposals. What are yours? Am I missing something? Post a comment with your ideas or corrections, and then I will post a revised version for all to see.

See you soon!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Mark,
Great job on the outline. While I don't think many of us like a rigid, inflexible schedule it ia good idea to get all the ideas out on the table.

You forgot the dinner on the 29th at Guadaljara's. It is for the wedding party (about 40 people) We thought it best for everyone if we get a sitter for all the little ones that night and so it would be for adults only and you all would have a little time off to enjoy the dinner and conversation with the group. That is the night of the 29th.

Also, it would be nice if we could somehow slip in a temple session during all this madness with us all here.

I thought a after Christmas caroling session with everyone here would be fun, but maybe too much also.

I would also like to take a few minutes one day and have another family council about the upcoming year for all of us so we have a tentative idea of what we want to do next year, together and as seperate families.

Probably too much to do in such a short period of time, but once you get all the responses, let's all take a look at it and prioritize what we want to do as a group.

Also kudos to Dana for organizing the dinners. A very good idea for sure.

My two quick cents.

Dad

Tyler said...

I think the plan sounds pretty good.

I think we should plan the millenial matchup for the morning sometime (location?) because the 28th is Ty and Dana's wedding anniversary and unfortunately, I don't think she is interested in watching her husband sweat as he gets his world badly rocked on the court. I want my wife to think I'm indestructable, if only for one night on our anniversary!

I just hope I can make it to midnight on the 31st. The definition of an old fogie is someone who would rather sleep than watch the ball drop. (why is that such a big deal for people anyway?)

I'll remind you, Mark, before you challenge me to a cage fight that my screen name is cagefighter. Don't mess!